Sunday, May 25, 2008

ok since I'm on a roll and dinner is in the oven

I wanna tell you about where DH and I took the kids last weekend.

It was this place

http://www.nattrust.com.au/trust_properties/melbourne_and_surrounds/labassa

Labassa








Only a few rooms are open to viewing...but it was all very amazing, and very very beautiful.

The thing that took me by suprise was that from 1917 to 2006 all of Labassa was divided into flats!!
One door that led to a flat had a Union Jack painted on it.

I wanted so desperatly to hear and learn about the people that rented these flats, but alas the National Trust were only interested in the owners historicly before it was sold in 1917.

There is History during that period aswell, I wonder if any photos exist of the dwellers and what the flats looked like before National Trust came in to restore the interior....I'm sure in the 1920's 30's 40's even 50's there would have been some pretty amazing people living there.

Ok letting that go for now.....I promise to keep this update as often as I can.
Love to you all
V

No comments: