Friday, December 15, 2006

Blouse Chest


Many Many years ago I saw a beautiful chest of drawers in an Antique shop in Geelong, years after that I saw one, revamped so beautifully by a woman who owned and ran a Shabby Chic shop in New Street Brighton,. She had her chest for sale at $595.00!!!
I'm not sure of the origins of these drawers, but I know they were for young ladies to keep their shirts in, all puffed up with tissue paper, to keep them pressed and perfect, how totally wonderful!
I have made recent enquiries, but I'd be grateful if anyone who happens to read my blog and knows of these chests, could leave a comment, thank you.

It was then I thought, before I die, I'd love a Blouse Chest and Baby Powder Blue VW Beetle.

Well it just so happens that my keen eye spotted a Blouse Chest while driving past a second hand dealer in Cente Road Bentleigh.

Such a long long story, and a streesful wait for the store to open, but this chest was on sale for $69.00!!!!!

I couldnt believe my luck, and snatched it up straight away!
Once its repainted and the old, {but beautiful} fabric covered with something funky and pink? {maybe even that Gingham that I adore}
It will be in Bronte's room for her clothes and stuff, look how tall it is! She can barely see over the top.
Way way to special..............

No comments: