Friday, February 02, 2007

First day of School for Bronte




I guess I could say its been a long time coming.

Kinder last year was a nightmare, two 1/2 day and one full day,....... and by full it meant she finished at 3.15!!!

Child care in this State is a disgrace and an insult to working mothers.

At age 4, most children are ready to spend more than a morning with their peers, most mothers have returned to work and need the community support.

I was longing for this day to come, but behold the State had more little surprises for me , Preppies don't attend School on Wed! Why I don't know? My child just wants to go to school, why do the Education Dept feel the need to limit School Starters?????

Is there care provided at the School on these Wednesdays, No!

Why would there be??

All us mothers sit at home baking cakes, well don't we??

Sheesh am I alone on this???

Anyway much to the Education Departments surprise, Bronte is ready for school and cant wait to get there everyday. The transition has been very successful, a little hiccup though, she seems no to fit into her shoes anymore!!

My sister did say her girls grew out off everything at the beginning of the school year, shoes and uniforms. Guess this is the case with Bronte, we tried every pair she had this morning, to no avail.

Throughout the summer she just wore slip ons, and not much else, especially at the Beach................anyway these are a few happy snaps from yesterday.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad she's loving it.

simone said...

Vicky, those are gorgeous photos. Can I come round for some of your home baked cake?

fleurie said...

gorgeous photos vicky....gosh i cant wait for lauchie to wear a cute little uniform

yes...what cake are you making....ill be there with bells on....