Thursday, September 07, 2006

The morning after

Oh I'm soooo Famous the radio sations are calling me!!!!!!
7.15 this morning,
I get a call from 774 ABC ,
Peter Rosethorn wants to talk to me about last night!
I was 1/2 asleep again, but I was much more composed and did not giggle so much.
I was very proud of myself.
He was there last night also, and we had a nice chat.





Boy, what a night.
I left home at 6pm giving myself an hour to get the the Rod Laver Arena, park the car and find John.
7.45pm I was still on Punt Road, with what it seemed everyone else in the world.
I did hear on the car radio, that the Rod Laver Arena and The Tennis Centre's carparks were full, and it would be advisable for anyone going to the concert to try and park at the MCG.
Yeah right, I've driven to the MCG once before in my life! and it was bloody tough going.
Anyway to cut a long story short, we were late and missed the 1st couple of acts.
considering the queue was so long to get into the car park, John and I decided we could give the rush at the end of the concert a miss and we left about I and 1/2 hour before it finished.
I don't think we missed much as it really was all about Countdown and Molly Meldrum droning on and on about his ability to "pick big hits" and the continuous pathetic jokes about him being Camp or Gay were old.
The best part was "Hush" pyrotechnics were awesome! and they sounded exactly the same as they did years ago, they did, "Bonie Maronie" and ' Glad all over".
It was Fantastic!
Red did a lovely Cameo, and talked about the stars that have passed Shirley ,Ted , Bon and the like, it was touching and funny.
Stephen Cummins did " Who listens to the radio" it was awful, but that may have been just me, as others thought it was good.
Leo Sayer was terrific also, and sounded like he did in the 1970s, very charming.
Could have given " Shutuppa your Face" nobody rocked to that!
Chantoozies were just old skinny sad women.
Goanna were sad also.
Enough from me
Have a great weekend everyone.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great time.
how clever of you to get tickets.
MAKES ME FEEL REALLY NOSTALGIC FOR THE OLD COUNTDOWN.

Anonymous said...

Mark Holden, Australian Idol judge and music industry heavyweight will join Rob Weekes creator of legendary Australian music show, Countdown, Dylan Lewis (ABC’s Recovery) and host of SBS’s Rockwiz to find out just what makes music TV go bada bing bada boo!

From memorable shows to memorable moments such as the Beatles, Molly Meldrum and Iggy Pop, John Farnham, Molly Meldrum and Prince Charles, Kylie and Jason, Molly Meldrum and…well, just about anyone!

Part of the Australian Centre for the Moving Image’s, TV50 exhibition, the panel will relive all your favourite moments from shows like Bandstand, Sing Sing Sing, Countdown, Rage, MTV and Australian Idol. These shows have each exerted an enormous influence over the record buying public, often with the power to make, or break, aspiring popstars.

For the past 50 years, Australian television and music have shared a unique relationship with many of television’s early stars making the leap from radio.

In more recent years, many small screen stars have moved from fictional suburbs such as Erinsborough (Neighbours), Summer Bay (Home & Away) and Westside (E Street), the list includes Kylie Minogue, Dannii Minogue, the Blakeley Twins, Stefan Dennis, Jason Donovan, Craig McLachlan, Russell Crowe, Natalie Imbruglia, Stephanie McIntosh, Delta Goodrem, Holly Valance, Bec Catrwright, Natalie Bassingthwaigthe, Tammin Sursok, Bruce Samazan and Melissa Tkautz and it goes on.


Thu 28 Sep 6.30pm
Counting Down Music TV
For more information visit www.acmi.net.au